Sunday, January 20, 2008

After the gown, but before the muu-muu...

Most of my friends got married years before I did so they have all graduated to the next stage of life: parenthood. With less than three months since my wedding day I am nowhere near ready to jump on that bandwagon. I am still trying to find my identity as a wife. There are hundreds of websites out there devoted to the bride to be and the new mom but where are we- the post wedding, pre baby gals- suppose to go?

Don't get me wrong- I love my local Nestie board but there is constant baby talk which I fear will fast track me to baby fever before my husband and I are ready. Besides I recently became an Aunt and need some time to spoil my nephew and niece before taking the leap to motherhood.

So, ladies.. what are we to do? I'm definately over the discussion of wedding details but not quite ready to start talking breast pumps, hemorrhoids, and crib furniture. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Kacie said...

I'm post-wedding, pre-baby, too. I think we SHOULD talk about married life. It isn't all wedding planning and baby planning...it's the whole point of it all: Enjoying being married.

It's good to just talk married life as it is between two people, ya know?