Saturday, January 19, 2008

Post Wedding Hair Phenomenon

There is this strange thing that happens to women right after they get married. Many of us feel this intense urge to drastically change our hair. After months of growing our hair out in an effort to have perfect wedding hair, we gallop to our hair dressers and demand a change. Four hours later my long blonde hair had been transformed to an above the shoulder, auburn bob.

Having been a red head in the past, I knew I needed to purchase some specialty products to keep my locks in healthy condition. Here are some of my favorites: Loreal Colorist Collection Shampoo and Conditioners. I purchased my 8 fl oz bottles (14.99) at Ulta during a buy two get two free sale. Not only do these products greatly lengthen the time between coloring but the botanical extracts make your hair shiny and smell great. Too many color shampoos have that awful odor that lingers in your mane.

For the ultimate deep conditioning, pick up some Cabot Protein Pacs. This protein, panthenol, henna, and Vitamin E treatment is used in salons across the country. For best results place a shower cap over hair and place a hot towel for 15 minutes. A similar product, Hi Pro Pac, can be purchased at salon specialty stores.

1 comment:

Kacie said...

You're exactly right! I've heard that life events, such as getting married, having a baby,starting a new job, etc., make women get a big haircut.

I lopped off about 4 inches after my wedding (and I think it was my last haircut...hmm, I need to get another soon!)

I think changing our hair completes our transformation (or at least is a part of the process).

(P.S., I found ya via The Nest)