Sunday, December 9, 2007

Advice from the Bride

  1. You will feel beautiful on this day. I think that plus size brides, especially, worry that they will not feel beautiful. I never felt as loved and as stunning as I did on my wedding day. I sincerely wish I could bottle up that feeling and save it for a rainy day.
  2. Forget about stressing- just have fun. I am so glad that I listened to my married friends and let go and just soaked in every moment I could. I stayed focused on my husband to be during the ceremony and actually remember saying my vows. Many brides say that everything is just a blur and I wanted to make sure that I remembered that incredible moment when he pledged his life to me.
  3. Just because you are this excited about finding the right favor or the perfect veil does not mean that everyone you know will be as excited. Nor should you expect them to be. That is why I loved chatting on various wedding websites. It was a safe haven to be wedding obsessed without making your friends choke on wedding related details.
  4. Marriage is a lifetime, the Wedding is a day. I was probably worse than most on making sure that every element of my wedding would be perfect. The words I heard most often was -"wow, you paid so much attention to every detail." But as many hours as I spent combing through bridal magazines, reading books, and researching venues, I also spent on premartial counseling and developing my relationship with my now husband.

No comments: