Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bridal Hair






















































After months of searching online (a few of my favorites are pictured above) and in books and magazines, I finally decided to wear my hair half up and half down. I came to this decision after worrying that since I was a plus size bride, I would look too pudgy if I wore all my hair up. So I scheduled a hair trial and had my hairdresser style my hair. Although my hair looked great, something just didn't feel right. Maybe it was because I often wear my hair this way or perhaps it was that I had this image in my head of what a bride should look like and that included a formal updo. So the following week I scheduled a second hair trial to see if the updo was for me. Upon finishing the updo, I immediately felt "like a bride." I didn't even need to don the veil and tiara to know that this was how I would wear my hair on my wedding day.
My wonderful hair stylist and I spoke at length about how difficult it is to find really great pictures of formal hairstyles. Neither of us could understand why they do not have a magazine devoted entirely to bridal or formal hair! You can't even find many articles in the regular bridal magazines about hair. Maybe I am just too hair obsessed but I found this to be a major decision in my wedding planning.
Things to think about when selecting your bridal day hair:
1. What is the shape of your gown's neckline?
2. Do you want to wear a necklace? Long dangling earrings?
3. Do you plan to have a tiara, veil, hair brooch, or other hair accessory?
4. What is the expected weather for your special day?
5. What is the level of formality of your wedding?
6. Does your hair tend to wilt? How well does your hair stayed curled?
7. How does your husband to be like you to wear your hair?
8. Is it important for you to look "like yourself" on your wedding day?

No comments: