Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Searching for the Perfect Wedding Favors!!!



As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I was quite obsessive about my wedding favor. We ended up getting Pear infused Olive Oil favors from Napa Valley in the Perfect Pear personalized bottles. This was a compromise between my husband's desire to have something "memento" like and my desire to have something ultimately edible and unique.

During my search for the perfect wedding favor, I came across many runners-up that I thought I'd share with you. For the Die hard Steelers fans, Bethel Bakery makes the most adorable and delicious "Terrible Towel" cookies. Another favorite were these Liquor filled Chocolate Bottles. Enjoy six different varieties of real liqueur (Southern Comfort, Grand Marnier, Drambuie, Cles des Ducs, Sambuca, and Stolichnaya Orange) in semi-sweet dark chocolate filled bottles. Chocolate and Alcohol- how can you go wrong with that one? The ones I almost purchased were packaged in sets of three in a mini crate.
For all of you searching for a more sentimental favor, why not use something that pays tribute to the way in which you got proposed to? My friend Amanda received her romantic proposal in a homemade fortune cookie and had personalized fortunes placed into cookies for her wedding favors.
There has been a trend towards practical favors. Coffee scoops, bottle stoppers, and salt and pepper shakers are advertised in every bridal magazine. But do people actually use these items? During my research, I found that 75% of guests never use these so called practical items and most end up in the trash. This was the main reason I chose to do an edible favor. I will be adding another quiz to the bottom of my blog to check out what my readers have to say about this topic. Stay tuned for the results! Happy favor shopping!

No comments: