Friday, November 30, 2007

WWW: Winter Wonderland Wedding

Mellon Arena: December 18, 2005. Trans Siberian Orchestra Rock Concert. While the musicians were jamming on stage, snow began falling from the ceiling. My guy turned to me and proposed. It was magical. I could not have asked for a more perfect proposal. I later learned that he had actually made a gigantic glow in the dark poster which said, "Marry Me, Christie?" He had purchased tickets for two of his students to sit across the arena but the staff refused to allow the sign to be brought in to the concert.

I considered using the proposal as the inspiration for our wedding theme. I began collecting ideas for a Winter Wonderland Wedding. Within a few months, I had a two inch thick binder with oodles of ideas and ten Rubbermaid containers of decor purchased. Like so many other brides, I changed my mind and went with a completely different theme.

Winter Wonderland Wedding Theme:

Colors: Bright Red, White, and Silver with accents of Evergreen
Bridal entrance song: Christmas Canon- Trans Siberian Orchestra
Ceremony music: Gospel Choir
Invitations: Snowflake embossed invitations
Favors/Place cards: Picture Snow globes or mini 2 inch tall Christmas trees
Menu: Comfort Foods with Hot cocoa bar
Attire: Fur trimmed capes for bride and maids, snowflake lace detailed bridal gown
Bouquets: Red roses with holly berries
Pew decor: Crystallized Grapevine baskets filled with red roses and holly
Ceiling decor: Glittery white and silver snowflakes
Other decor: Huge wreaths with crystallized branches, white lights and red and white bows, clear glass blocks filled with white lights, crystallized grapevine garland, crystallized grapevine flower girl baskets
Guestbook alternative: Ceramic ornaments with Paint markers
Transportation for bride and groom: Horse drawn carriage

*** Items in Bold I actually purchased during after Christmas sales and am selling- email me if interested at psychgalbride@yahoo.com***


No comments: