Sunday, November 18, 2007

You told me so!

I received the best wedding gift in the mail today. It was a CD of precious moments taken on the wedding day by my friend Melinda and her husband Craig. It allowed me to see what my guests saw and hear what my guests heard. I chuckle because the lovely string quartet hit some incredibly sour notes throughout the processional. One month ago, the thought of this would have devastated me. I would have been wrapped up in a ball in my bed, crying my eyes out, and proclaiming the world being over because my wedding wasn't perfect. Think Bridezilla. Fortunately for me and my darling new husband, once we were married I reclaimed my sanity. My married friends tried to tell me. But I was stubborn and wouldn't listen. "You'll look back and laugh at everything that went wrong..." those wise wedded women tried to tell me. It cracks me up to think about how I nearly had a meltdown each time I had to make a decision for the wedding. "Oh no... my Mikasa favors have been discontinued!" I shrieked like World War III had just broken out. I fretted over the most ridiculous things: the texture of silk rose petals, the shade of burgundy used to tint the icing roses on my cake, and what shoes my bridesmaids wanted to wear under their gowns. So, I'll say it... I know you have all been waiting. You were right. None of it mattered. The day was 'perfect' because we got married not because I opted for the higher quality silk rose petals.

No comments: